Project19 (Streamer Statistics)
March 23, 2021 ~ 1 min read
Twitch & Mixer Bot with a Web UI.
Note: This project is archived. Support is limited.
A Twitch & Mixer bot that I challenged myself to create under the winter vacation of 2019 and until beginning of 2020. Created with help of a Node.js backend for both the bot and the website.
I used new technologies and libraries that I had only heard about, to challenge myself a bit and to better understand how websockets work and interact.
- AdonisJS - For almost all of its feature sets, both as an ORM for the PostgreSQL & SQLite3 databases and as a web server base.
- Sass & Bulma.io CSS - For the UI design, is easy to prototype with and at the same time get nice layouts.
- lighterhtml - For the frontend dynamic HTML layout. Uses template strings, just like lit-html.
- dank-twitch-irc - An open source Node.js library for Twitch IRC. Easy to use.
- @mixer/client-node - Node.js library by Microsoft for the, now nonexistent, Mixer service.
Everything I learned in this project I used in the followup project, ”BeFriendlier“.
Content updated: January 14, 2023